Posted by Solitary Dancer on January 6, 2011
Last week’s recipe stunk so I did not post it. I wouldn’t subject my friends to its nastiness.
Anyway, I am posting this one ahead of time since I can’t imagine that it would be bad. I’m planning on making this over the weekend. It makes 6 servings and has 4 net carbs per serving.
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
16 oz salsa (read the labels and pick the lowest carb count)
1 tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. chicken bouillon concentrate
3 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (not needed until cooking is completed)
6 tbs. sour cream (not needed until cooking is completed)
1. Place chicken in crock pot
2. In a bowl, add the salsa, chili powder, and bouillon
3. Stir together making sure the bouillon is dissolved.
4. Pour mixture over the chicken
5. Cover and set crock pot to cook on LOW
6. Cook time is about 7 to 8 hours
7. Once the cooking is done, shred the chicken ( just pull it apart with a fork)
8. To serve – top with cheese and sour cream
I think this sounds pretty tasty. Way better than the mess I cooked up last week.