16 large red ripe tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 bunch fresh parsley
8-10 garlic cloves
1 jalapeno pepper
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
2 lemons, juice of
2 1/2 lbs salmon, cut into fillets
1. Place the tomatoes in a large saucepan and cook, over a medium heat, for 10 minutes or so, until reduced by half.
2. Meanwhile, toast the coriander and cumin seeds in a dry frying pan until golden and aromatic – this should take about 30 seconds. Transfer the spices to a food processor.
3. Add the parsley, garlic, jalapeno pepper, fresh cilantro and black pepper. Process to a paste.
4. When the tomatoes have reduced, stir in the spice paste and bring to the boil, stirring well.
5. Preheat the oven to 400°F
6. Leave sauce to cool and add then add the lemon juice.
7. Lay the fish out in a large casserole dish and pour over the sauce. Cover and bake for about 20 minutes, until the fish is cooked through. Serve straight away.